Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Curing cramps

No, not the menstrual kind...the basketball kind. Boy, Paul Davis looked like he was in pain last night. I felt so bad for the guy. But I was practically jumping off the futon, almost spilling my Moose Drool, because all I saw the trainers doing was icing it. What about approximating the muscle? What about reciprocal inhibition? They weren't doing any of those things. Just ice, ice, ice until I could read Davis' lips as he said, "Stop icing it. I can't feel my legs anymore."

What good is Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation if it's not used on the sidelines of the last regular season game? I don't want to be an armchair quarterback massage therapist, but I'm inclined to smack those trainers upside the head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home