Thursday, February 03, 2005

Crazylegs Training: Days 2-4

On Tuesday, I rested. Now, I know it sounds funny to rest only one day after starting a training program, but it's what my body was asking for. If it hadn't been my day to let the puupoes out over lunch, I probably would've done something, but I was on potty-duty. Plus, by the time I got Dakota home, we'd really run out of time for a walk before the ill-fated Spartan game against the supernatural, spooky, "sold our collegiate sports souls to the Devil" Illini. So, I rested.

Wednesday, I ran two miles at 5.4 mph. It felt good, not great, but good. Does running ever feel "great?" Other than those periodic times when you hit the right stride and you can feel your body moving in concert with itself and your feet become a percussive instrument against the ground. Yeah, I guess those times are pretty great.

Thursday (today), I wasn't planning on running, but it just sounded good. So, to avoid the trap of overtraining, I decided to split the difference and do a half-running, half-walking workout. I ended up running 1 mile at 5.5 mph, then walked for a while, then did two sets of intervals where I ran 2 minutes at 6.0 mph, then walked 2 minutes at 4.0 mph. After those, three minutes of walking at a 6% incline, because as my friend Gary from work said so eloquently: "HILLS."

The coolest part is, I can feel my body changing already. I'm stronger. I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home