Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What I'm drinking

I realized my wine cupboard was getting a little bare of the type of wine I generally reach for. This being a bottle under $10, that I can shamelessly quaff after an ultra-casual dinner of Cheez-Its and leftover curried chicken salad. So, this evening, I headed to Barriques to pick up my Wine of the Month and shop for a few more grapey victims for my ardent thirst.

I found four bottles, all different, and all, except one (the appropriately bold, but not annoying, Ramsay Cabernet Sauvignon), new to my taste buds. The lucky bottle I uncorked this evening was the 2002 Fuedo Arancio Nero D'Avola, a velvety red. I don't think I can describe it any better than it's described on the label's website:

"This grape produces a livery wine with deep colors and zersty fruity characteristics."

You know, I've been looking so long for an appropriately zersty wine. Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Very funny that you should catch that!

Maybe zersty should become part of the Wendish lingo, like Wendishday and "aaarrrghhh?"

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home