Friday, May 13, 2005

Yes, I went shoe shopping.

So, Jason and Sara and I went to dinner tonight at the local Claddagh Irish Pub and, as we were sitting out on the patio and I was watching the gray, blue, gray clouds pass by us without opening up and raining on us (thank you, oh benevolent gods and goddesses of outdoor dining), I realized something quite shocking.

I wanted to buy some shoes.

Now, I am what you might consider a somewhat unusual girl. I'm not a big shopper. Truthfully, usually the only time I enjoy shopping is if I think I'm getting a deal on something, or finding a treasure. About the closest I usually get to full-price retail is T.J. Maxx or Marshall's...and that ain't full-price retail. I love thrift stores. The high I get when I find things like, oh, fringed leather jackets for $20 (already broken in and weathered looking), or Banana Republic shirts for $3, or highly covetable (at least by a certain mother) green piano benches, is exhilirating.

So, I was surprised to find this urge to shop for shoes creeping up on me as I drank my pint of Guinness under the threatening sky. Luckily, there was a DSW directly in my line of sight, and my two dinner companions were all for a little post-repast shoparama.

So...*sigh*...I went shoe shopping. And I bought three pairs. Spent $116 I hadn't planned on spending, but I guess that's not bad for three pairs of shoes, especially when one of them is a pair of Clarks.

Boy, am I glad I've gotten that out of my system. Now, I might need to go to the thrift store to look for some "new" clothes to go with my shoes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home