Thursday, August 04, 2005

My new knitting project

I've decided to knit an afghan. No, not a hound (especially a recently cloned one). No, not a resident of a currently U.S.-occupied country in the Middle East. A blanket. Still a "flat" project, so I haven't yet graduated beyond the two dimensional knitting, but it's at least a BIG flat project! I'm using the light green Sensations Angel Hair yarn from JoAnn's. It's a blend, 22% wool, 50% acrylic and 28% nylon, so it's machine washable but not altogether synthetic-feeling. For the pattern, I'm using a chevron and feather pattern that will give the afghan some visual interest and openness, but not get lost in the fuzziness of the Angel Hair yarn. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Hopefully I'll have it finished by sometime this fall so I can enjoy it during my next Wisconsin winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home