Thursday, May 22, 2008

What I've been eating lately

A sampling of the things finding their way onto my plate lately:
  • A little bison roast from Cherokee Bison Farms, done in the crockpot with onions, carrots and potatoes
  • Pasta with spinach and ramps, based on this recipe and using Parmesan cheese from Farmer John. I actually did this dish twice, once with chicken and once with scallops. Both were delicious.
  • Grilled organic chicken from Jen-Ehr Farms, served with brown basmati rice cooked in chicken stock made from the unused chicken parts. The rest of the stock has been distributed into some ice cube trays in my freezer for future use.
  • Grilled hamburgers from Grazier's Organic Beef, seasoned with Penzey's Tsardust Memories, served with morel mushrooms sauteed in butter. My first morels ever!
  • Lots of big spinach salads, with delicious overwintered spinach and some Trader Joe's Sheep's Milk feta cheese (not local, but so yummy).
  • A spinach, ramp and parmesan frittata for breakfast this past weekend, with Farmer John's Parmesan and organic brown eggs from a farmer's market vendor

This weekend, I believe I'm going to attempt something with short ribs. Probably should use those up before it gets too much warmer. They seem to be a cool-weather food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home