Thursday, February 16, 2006

Snowbound, let's sleep in today

Nothing like a tribute to a Donald Fagen album to start off a blog posting, eh? In reality, I didn't get to sleep in today, nor are we snowbound...yet. But it's coming. Oh yes, it's coming.

Madison is due to get slammed with winter weather today. A majority of the state is under a Winter Weather Warning. We got about 3-4" of it overnight, and there's anywhere between 4-8" more coming, with whiteout conditions and drifting and all that stuff that makes driving in it SUCH a joy. The whole situation must be serious as shit, because, for the first time since 2001 (I believe), Madison public schools CLOSED. That's right, you heard me. I can't believe it either.

Now, Madison schools closing doesn't affect me much on its own. I mean, I don't have any kids, other than this supermodel, but she don't reed or rite too good. And I'm certainly past the age of benefitting from snow days myself (though I'm definitely not past the age of benefitting from a good sledding outing). No, the reason this snow day is significant is that it means my employer shuts down for the day, too. That is why, dear readers (that would be Mom and the comment spammers), I am sitting here in front of my home computer with a freshly-made latte and warm, comfy clothes on, watching the world all go to white frosty hell outside.

So, I guess I COULD go sledding if I wanted to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home